The Frontier Mittens are designed to endure all of life’s challenges and keep you warm no matter if work or play calls your name. The construction, which includes a fully waterproof membrane, a durable leather exterior, and enough insulation to keep a snowman warm was built purposefully to withstand everything from grabbing a burning log from a campfire to ice-fishing in the heart of winter. Brought to life through crowdfunding, these mittens are the answer to our communities' call for Give'r style warmth!
1. Reinforced, all-leather cowhide exterior
2. 100% waterproof membrane
3. Reflective heat shield on front of hand for warmth retention
4. 380 gram Thinsulate insulation system
**Optional wax coating provides additional leather protection, but is not the waterproof element. Leather will show water absorption, the waterproof membrane protects from external moisture.
- Wrist cuff to keep warmth in and snow out
- Keystone thumb design
- Steel D-Ring for leash attachment and storage
- Customize with hand-branded initials - up to 3 characters
- Optional all-natural wax coating - recommended for leather longevity
- Wrist leashes included with every pair
- Produced by a master-leather worker in Pakistan and hand-waxed, branded, and quality checked in Jackson, Wyoming.
View our sizing chart in the ordering section under "View Our Sizing Chart" or as a PDF here.
1. If you're looking for a snug fit that may require breaking the gloves in, we recommend going with the size based on your hand measurements.
2. If you're looking for a pair to fit as soon as you receive them without a break-in period, we recommend sizing up 1 size based on your hand measurements.
3. View our "Break-In & Fit" section below for more helpful information or check out our "Videos" tab!
Not seeing what you need? Reach out to us at email@example.com!
Break-In & Fit
Close your eyes and picture your favorite cowboy boots, baseball glove, or wallet. Likely it looks worn in, perfectly molded to YOUR body - right? It wasn't always that way! The Frontier Mittens, like all Give'r Gloves, are meant to get better with time as well. When they arrive at your house (thanks speedy shipping!) they may be snug and stiff - this is normal and ideal! Instead of returning them for a different size, we recommend using them, breaking them in, trying the Oven Method (video below!) and use our 6 Month Guarantee for the resource it is. This process will undoubtedly give you the best fit in the long run
1. Just don't clean 'em! Leather looks better with some good ol' dirt and grease and with time you'll come to love the new patina.
2. Can't resist? Use a damp cloth (no soap!) to wipe away dirt from the surface of mittens and then dry them slowly in front of a fan.
Tried-N'-True Drying Techniques:
1. *Fastest* Place your mittens on a boot/glove warmer. Make sure to create a gap for airflow on elastic cuff.
2. Place your mittens on their sides in front of a standard fan, ensuring maximum air flow. Put a paper towel tube in the wrist cuff to assist with airflow.
3. Use any accessible products that absorb moisture or allow for air flow (i.e. shoe dehydrator, newspaper, etc.) and place in the sun.
1. Wring-out like a dish towel
2. Place too close to the fire
3. Place on your car exhaust
4. Turn inside out
5. Place on radiator
6. Place in microwave
Custom Initial Branding
Sizing Overview and How-To
The Oven Method ("Tip 2" - 0:56) - instructions in Fahrenheit
Hype notes and testimonials from publications and reviewers in the outdoor world!
"If you’re looking for some burly mittens that can take a beating, hop over to Give’r and [get] yourself a pair."
"Hand-finished in natural beeswax with four-layer construction in durable cowhide, our big tip is to let ‘em hand-brand your initials."
Big Life Magazine
"Give’r broke Kickstarter records with their last gloves. And these are better."
1. If in between sizes, what should I do?
We recommend sizing up!
2. On first wear, my mittens are snug - is this normal?
Yes! These mittens are designed to be snug at first, as they will begin breaking in on first use. The insulation will pack out and begin to fully fill the leather outer shell. The leather itself will begin to break in and form to your individual hands. The more they are used, the better they will fit as they become an extension of your hand and fingers.
3. How often should I re-wax my Frontier Mittens?
Re-waxing needs vary greatly from person to person. Some people never re-wax their gloves at all and are completely fine, while others re-wax every season to add an extra weatherproofing before being outside a lot. The more you use 'em, the more you should re-wax - especially if doing abrasive tasks like handling barbed wire. Doing it yourself? Any all-natural beeswax (SnoSeal works great) will do just fine!
4. Can I expedite the break-in process?
Sure can! Check out The Oven Method video in the “Videos” tab above!
For any other questions you may have, view our general FAQ page or emails firstname.lastname@example.org!
Hope They Wear in Well
These are super warm. I purchased them to wear while running in weather down to single digits. I have poor circulation in my extremities and these mittens were up to the task. They kept my hands warm. My one hope is that the insulation wears in well and molds to my hand shapes. The second one is difficult to pull on after the first one is on since the cuffs are tight and the insulation is thick.
Great overall experience in ordering and wearing these mitts! Beautiful quality. Highly recommend!
Sturdy and Ready to Get Dirty
These gloves may last forever. Beautiful craftsmanship and love the added touches like the leather on the cuff for pulling them on. Once broken in, I doubt I'll wear anything else on cold days. Thank you for making a proper XXL mitt!
fit like a glove
purchased as a gift for my dad - he loves the fit and look! Cant wait to take them out skiing next season
Gloves a la Mode
Once I heated the gloves like a tray of cookies, they slipped on beautifully and were ready for snow action! (That's the a la mode).