- 100% Waterproof All-Leather Glove
- 450 grams of insulation
- Customize with hand-branded initials (up to 3 characters)
- Optional All-Natural Wax Coating (recommended)
- Easy grab and synch velcro strap for security.
- Every pair comes with wrist leashes!
With the Frontier Mittens taking the world by storm, our team realized that NO ONE should be stopped from giving it their all - no matter their age! We are constantly inspired by the energy, passion, and love for life that children embody every day, so it only made sense to design an ultra-warm mitten specifically for them.
Equipped with an easy-synch velcro-strap, 450 grams of insulation, a 100% waterproof liner, and the ability to add wax-coating and initials, these mittens are ready for those epic snowmen building days, sledding parties, and snowshoe hikes with Mom and Dad!
Available in Sizes 1, 3, 5, and 7, the Children's Mittens will pack-in and form to your child's hands with a "handful" of uses. See the sizing section for more information!
Fit and Sizing
Children's Mitten sizing is simple! You know your child best, are they an early bloomer or late flower? Use your judgement wisely, but here is our go-to recommendation:
Size 1 - Children Ages 1-2 years old
Size 3 - Children Ages 3-4 years old
Size 5 - Children Ages 5-6 years old
Size 7 - Children Ages 7-8 years old
For children ages 9 and over, we recommend our Frontier Mitten size XS!
- To clean the mittens, use a damp cloth to wipe away dirt from surface of mittens. Do not submerge in water or use soap.
- Do not turn mittens inside out, as the insulation and membrane layers can be difficult to put back into place.
- We do not advise you to wash them frequently. If you do wash them, put gloves on and use a small amount of mild soap and lukewarm water. Do not twist, but gradually squeeze the water out and proceed with drying at room temperature. Using a fan helps to speed up the drying process.
Choosing to Give’r often means taking the road less traveled. Sometimes it requires some blood, sweat and tears. Should the elements put your gloves to the test, here is a range of helpful drying techniques, listed with the most effective at the top:
- Placing your gloves on a boot/glove warmer, making sure to create a gap for airflow on elastic cuff
- Placing your gloves on their sides in front of a fan, ensuring maximum air flow. We recommend using a paper towel or toilet paper cardboard tubing in the gloves to assist.
- Use a coat hanger and slide the gloves over the ends. Hang in a warm, dry area.
- High sun exposure can be used to expedite drying process. Can also utilize any accessible products that absorb moisture or allow for air flow (i.e. shoe dehydrator, newspaper, etc.).
During our trials, we also observed what NOT to try for drying your gloves
- DO NOT wring them out like a dish towel
- DO NOT place too close to the fire
- DO NOT place on your car exhaust
- DO NOT turn inside out
- DO NOT place on radiator
- DO NOT place in microwave
If between sizes, what should I do?
- We'd recommend selecting the larger option!
On first wear, the gloves are snug, is this normal?
- Yes! These mittens are designed to be snug at first, as they will begin breaking in on first use. The insulation will pack out and begin to fully fill the leather outer shell. The leather itself will begin to break in and form to your individual hands. The more they are used, the better they will fit as they become an extension of your hand and fingers.
I still have some questions, who can I talk to?
- For any other questions about the Children's Mittens or other Give-r products, email HughBette@give-r.com