Sizing, Fit, and Break-In
- When you first put on your gloves, they should feel snug & form fitting.
- Through a few uses, the insulation will begin to “pack-out”, filling the leather shell and relieving any snug areas.
- The leather will be stiff when first received, but as you break them in you will have increased dexterity and warmth, as the leather forms to your hand - like a baseball mitt!
- The break-in process, whether through use or the Oven Method, will lead to functionality, comfort, and dexterity unlike any other glove you’ve ever worn. Our gloves won't just fit like a glove, they'll fit like YOUR glove.
The Oven Method
Click HERE to give our tried-and-true "Oven Method" a go - a simple and quick way to expedite the break-in process for your pair.
- To clean exterior, use damp cloth to wipe surface clean.
- DO NOT turn gloves inside out.
- You can wax or re-wax any Give'r glove or mitten with a non-silicone based wax to preserve and extend the lifespan of the leather. We use a natural beeswax but also recommend Sno-Seal which can be found at your local hardware store. To follow along with our process, check out this video.
- If you need to dry the interior, be sure to allow airflow in and out of the entire glove. The most effective drying techniques we've found include placing your gloves on their side in front of a fan or heater using a paper towel tube to help prop open, placing on a boot dryer ensuring there is a gap for airflow in and out of the cuff, or using a coat hanger to open gloves and hanging in a dry place.
For additional information or tips and tricks, visit the product page for your glove or reach out to us at email@example.com.