As seen in...
Gear Junkie, Biglife Magazine, Jackson Hole News & Guide, and the Wyoming Business Report!
The Frontier Mittens are designed to endure all of life’s challenges and enable seamless transition between work, play, and everything in between.
Featuring an all-leather, 100% waterproof design available in unisex sizes X-Small to XXX-Large to fit both men and women; enabling you to Give’r however you choose! The construction, which includes a breathable, waterproof Hipora membrane, Thinsulate insulation and an all leather exterior, was built purposefully to withstand everything from grabbing a burning log from a campfire to ice-fishing in -40 degrees. Brought to life through crowdfunding (thanks to all Kickstarter and Indiegogo Backers!), these mittens are the answer to our communities call for mittens! For custom hand-branded initials or add-on “bombproof” wax coating (over 80% of mittens orders choose both!), please select the options for each pair, and we’ll get to work at Give’r HQ!
Fit and Sizing
The Frontier Mittens are meant to fit snug at first, as the design accounts for the break in process that occurs with further use. The significance of this progression from snug to form fitting mitten is the key takeaway from all mitten testers and prototype evaluations in the 2 years of Frontier Mitten development. Scroll down to read real customer reviews on their experience with the break-in process!
Most customers wear the same size in both 4-Season Gloves and Frontier Mittens. However, if you are between sizes, or find your 4-Season Gloves to fit snugly, we recommend you select the larger size of options. The hand length is the more important measurement when finding your size, so trust that sizing recommendation on our chart!
FRONTIER MITTENS SIZING CHART
Frontier Mittens Sizing Video
- To clean the mittens, use a damp cloth to wipe away dirt from surface of mittens. Do not submerge in water or use soap.
- Do not turn mittens inside out, as the insulation and membrane layers can be difficult to put back into place.
- We do not advise you to wash the Frontier Mittens frequently. If you do wash them, put mittens on and use a small amount of mild soap and lukewarm water. Do not twist, but gradually squeeze the water out and proceed with drying at room temperature. Using a fan helps to speed up the drying process.
Choosing to Give’r often means taking the road less traveled. Sometimes it requires some blood, sweat and tears. Should the elements put your mittens to the test, here is a range of helpful drying techniques, listed with the most effective at the top:
- Placing your mittens on a boot/glove warmer, making sure to create a gap for airflow on elastic cuff
- Placing your mittens on their sides in front of a fan, ensuring maximum air flow. We recommend using a paper towel or toilet paper cardboard tubing in the mittens to assist.
- Use a coat hanger and slide the mittens over the ends. Hang in a warm, dry area.
- High sun exposure can be used to expedite drying process. Can also utilize any accessible products that absorb moisture or allow for air flow (i.e. shoe dehydrator, newspaper, etc.).
During our trials, we also observed what NOT to try for drying your mittens
- DO NOT wring them out like a dish towel
- DO NOT place too close to the fire
- DO NOT place on your car exhaust
- DO NOT turn inside out
- DO NOT place on radiator
- DO NOT place in microwave
If between sizes, what should I do?
- We'd recommend selecting the larger option!
On first wear, the gloves are snug, is this normal?
- Yes! These mittens are designed to be snug at first, as they will begin breaking in on first use. The insulation will pack out and begin to fully fill the leather outer shell. The leather itself will begin to break in and form to your individual hands. The more they are used, the better they will fit as they become an extension of your hand and fingers.
How do I do the oven method?
I still have some questions, who can I talk to?
- For any other questions about the Frontier Mittens or other Give-r products, email firstname.lastname@example.org